Friday, April 15, 2022

Fave Easter Basket Goodies!

Back in the 80's & 90's my family spent the majority of our Easter/Spring breaks visiting our Grandpa in Tennessee. I have fond memories of visiting him, playing with our G.I. Joe action figures on his front porch with my brother and having him question any and all music videos that popped up on MTV. The one he questioned the most was "U Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer. I'm sure he was still wondering what couldn't be touched right up until the day he passed away. He would also have us do his yard work while we were there and I vividly remember him having me mow his lawn. It was horrible! He lived on what seemed like the tip of a mountain and the majority of my time was spent pushing his mower up this giant hill and then trying not to lose grip of it as I went back down. Ah, memories! Anyway, those few Easter vacations that we did spend at home in NJ were fantastic and the Easter Bunny really spoiled us kids with some great items in our basket. Now I could talk at length about my favorite candies that were stuffed inside, but Mr. Bunny also brought us some cool little items that were not edible. I'd like to share a few one of my faves with you right now.
Ninja Turtles Coloring Book
Besides my "Secret Wars" sticker/coloring book, this TMNT coloring book is my most favorite coloring book of all-time. Coloring is a timeless piece of joy for almost every child growing up in America. Heck, my kids still enjoy coloring and so do I. It was great to finally be able to add my own creative flair to my favorite foursome of green teens and let me tell you, some weird colored Ninja Turtles did end up in my book. I wonder if I can find that at my Mom's house? She probably threw it out!
There it is! A few of my favorite Easter basket stuffers from the Easter Bunny. Do you have a favorite item that you received as a kid on Easter or maybe a favorite candy that you always wanted in your basket? Let us know in the comments below & HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment